Cleaning Instructions CPAP
PATIENT INSTRUCTIONS FOR INFECTION CONTROL OF CPAP/BIPAP EQUIPMENT
- Fill chamber for humidity daily with DISTILLED water ONLY
- Dump any remaining water each morning after use
- Clean mask, tubing, humidifier chamber in warm soapy water- dish soap works well. Rinse thoroughly, Clean 2-3 times weekly, once a week at minimum.
- Full face mask – replace or alternate cushion monthly, (you may have one spare cushion to alternate, or 3 spare cushions to change, depending on your insurance coverage.)
- Nasal mask/nasal pillows– replace or alternate every 2 weeks ( you may have 2 spare cushions to alternate, or 5 cushions to change, depending on your insurance coverage.)
- Inspect and replace filter monthly, or replace every 2 months- depending on # of filters your insurance allows. Luna filter can be gently washed.Let air dry.
- Replace tubing every 3-6 months- depending on what your insurance allows