Non-invasive ventilation (NIV) refers to the administration of ventilatory support to provide breathing support through the patient’s upper airway using a mask without using an invasive artificial airway (endotracheal tube or tracheostomy tube). The use of Non-invasive ventilation has markedly increased over the past two decades, and Non-invasive ventilation has now become an integral tool in the management of chronic respiratory failure within the home setting. The NIV technique has allowed treatment to bypass the upper airway with a tracheal tube, laryngeal mask, or tracheostomy.
NIV Therapy provides the following outcomes:
• Control of arterial carbon dioxide tension (PaCO2) is a key target and high-intensity NIV is an effective way to achieve this.
• NIV is a cost-effective therapy, as early results from the HOT-HMV study  suggest only five chronically hypercapnic COPD patients need to be treated with NIV to avoid one death.
• Documented success of reducing hospital readmissions
• No sleep study required
• Detailed reporting for physicians
Hayat Home Medical Equipment has a committed clinical respiratory therapist who works exclusively with patients and physician’s office to make sure the highest level of care is ensured for patients to manage the care of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD).
Hayat’s COPD Care Management Program utilizes integrated, evidence-based care pathways and information technologies that manage and monitor patient care across the care continuum.
Luisa® at a Glance
Lightweight at ~ 8 lbs.
• 10” angled touchscreen.
• Ease of Use programming.
• 2nd alarm language.
• 100 – 3000 mL Vt without additional flow sensor.
• Vertical or horizontal position functionality
Operable in up to 26 languages
Ventilator modes include LUISA’s targeted tidal volume, volume-assured pressure support, and auto EPAP (TTV-VAPS-AE).
Trilogy - at a Glance
Weighing in at eleven pounds
• Large easy to read screen.
• Detachable internal battery.
• Modem available- data to Care orchestrator.
Avaps -ae mode is designed to make breathing more comfortable by avoiding auto-peep and breath stacking. perfect for COPD.
VIVO 45LS - at a Glance
Weighing just 5.3 pounds
• The Vivo 45 LS’s patented esync patient breath-trigger technology provides patient comfort by adjusting to air-flow changes on a breath-by-breath basis.
• It also recognizes and quickly accommodates air leaks around a mask or tracheostomy, which can minimize sudden, uncomfortable auto-triggering.
• Leak compensation up to 70 lpm, still guaranteed volumes
measuring just 8.5 x 6.3 x 5.9 inches, the Vivo 45 LS is one of the smallest life- support ventilators on the market.
2.5 h internal + 6.5 h click-ion battery for use on the move
ASTRAL - at a Glance
Weight: 7.1 pounds
accommodate changing conditions during the night (e.g., when respiratory drive is impaired during REM sleep or when the patient moves to a supine position). iVAPS automatically adjusts the pressure support when – and only when – it’s needed.
• Leak circuit therapy: CPAP, (S)T, P(A)C, iVAPS3 and optional AutoEPAP48
• ntelligent Volume-Assured Pressure Support mode (iVAPS) secures target volume as well as alveolar ventilation, helping
• Dimensions: 11″ x 8.5″ x 3.
• Responsive algorithms deliver adaptive, personalized ventilation as the disease progresses.